Saturday, March 31, 2012

First post

So... What to write in the first blogpost?

How about my thoughts on making a blog... I've been debating with myself for a while now about what language to write in and whether to start a blog at all. Some of my friends have encouraged me to do so for a while now. While that in itself is rather flattering it also made me wonder whether people would be interested at all in what I have to say. I guess there's only one way to find out isn't there?

Then there's the issue of the language. Being from Denmark, English is my second language, so before deciding whether to blog in English or Danish, I had to weigh the pros and cons. I would obviously be more eloquent in my mother tongue but English enables me to communicate with a much wider audience. In the end I decided to go with English even when covering local Danish stuff.

A lot of the stuff will be political and news oriented. Global economy, geo-politics and news analysis are things that have interested me for a while now so that's where the main focus of this blog will be.

That's all for now.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you have to offer. Perhaps this blog can offer some kind of solution for the problems we face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can offer any solutions but I will definately share my opinions and hopefully we will be able to discuss them here and hopefully learn something as we go along.

    ReplyDelete